Dark Chocolate to balance your sweet tooth and health!
You just pigged out on Christmas cookies, fudge, and candy. New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and you’ve got your eyes on resolutions like losing weight, exercising more and eating healthier. So is it time to toss the leftover Christmas candy or are some of those goodies salvageable in the New Year? Good news! Chocolate can be part of your new, healthier diet.
- The average serving (100 grams) of dark chocolate has 11g of fiber. Dark chocolate that contains 70-85% cocoa is loaded with minerals including: iron, zinc, magnesium, copper and others.
- Dark chocolate can increase artery flexibility by preventing white blood cells from sticking to the walls of blood vessels.
- Studies show chocolate consumption reduces the risk of stroke by 17% in its male participants.
- Dark chocolate is chock full of healthy minerals: potassium, zinc, selenium and iron.
- Cocoa, an ingredient in chocolate, helps reduce levels of bad cholesterol and raises levels of good cholesterol.
- And the best news of all: chocolate can help you lose weight. Half an hour before eating a meal, place a small square of chocolate on your tongue and let it melt. This will trigger a release of hormones making you feel fuller. When you feel fuller, you eat less food at your meal.
In moderation, chocolate really can fix everything. Since 1985, Chocolate Storybook has been a beloved destination for gourmet chocolates and unique gifts in Des Moines, Iowa. Try some of our top-selling dark chocolate treats like Dark Chocolate Caramels, Dark Chocolate Pecan Turtles, Dark Chocolate Smoky Almond Sea Salt Bark.